Today, apps have become essential for the brand’s presence in the digital market. They have a tremendous impact on a brand’s engagement with its customers.
- Native Apps Definition and Description
- Web Apps Definition and Description
- How to Develop Web Apps
- Progressive Native Apps
- Comparison Between Native Apps and Web Apps: Which is the best?
- Why should one opt for a Native Mobile App Builders?
Today, apps have become essential for the brand’s presence in the digital market. They have a tremendous impact on a brand’s engagement with its customers. They provide insights and data analytics to attract more customers.
Mobile App Development requires comprehensive processes and planning for a complete solution. The processes start with
- App Idea
- Inception and Planning
- Deployment to the App store for respective mobile device/devices and
- Support and Maintenance
But before the app development, there is one most important thing to take care of. A Developer should know which app he wants to create and how will he deploy it. There are two options to choose – Native App or a Web App.
What are Native Apps? What are Web Apps? How can you differentiate between the two? Which is the best alternative as per your business plans?
Here is the answer to all your questions.
Native Apps Definition and Description
One of the most common types of the app is native mobile apps. They are developed for specific platforms. They are written in platform-specific languages. For instance, for iOS apps, the platform languages are Objective-C and Swift. Similarly, for Android apps, Java and Kotlin are the native languages. These apps can also be built using the Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
Google and Apple provide SDKs, development tools and interface elements. Many companies trust native app development due to the multifarious benefits they provide. Here are some of the benefits native apps provide:
Advantages of Native Apps:
- Native mobile apps are very fast because they are platform-specific
- They are responsive and interactive
- They provide an engaging customer experience
- They are distributed in the respective app stores
- They do not always require an internet connection
- They have a better user experience in terms of UI and functionality
Disadvantages of Native Apps:
- Development is more expensive
- Not suitable for simple apps
- Downloading updates are necessary for improving the accessibility
- Experienced developers are must for app development in multiple languages
The initial costing of native app development is higher, but it saves time and money in a long time. These apps can help you boost your customer loyalty with higher conversion rates.
Web Apps Definition and Description
Browsers host Web apps. You cannot download web apps from mobile app stores. They load and run in the browsers. Also, they do not consume storage in the user’s device. They are the newest generation technologies.
Web apps blur the lines between the native, web and hybrid apps. Though it is tough to differentiate which one is what, sometimes, when you download a native app it might be a web-view of the web app. Web apps are websites with the look and feel of native apps. You cannot download and install them. All you can do is add a bookmark to that page to use it.
Advantages of Web Apps:
- Web Apps are easy to build
- They are easy to maintain
- They are inexpensive
- They work on all platforms – Android, Windows, iOS as long as they run successfully in the browser
Disadvantages of Web Apps:
- They are less interactive and slower in comparison to native apps
- They require a browser to run.
- They are less user-friendly due to lack of user experience
- They are less intuitive than native apps
- There is no mobile or desktop icon
- They cannot leverage the device utilities
How to Develop Web Apps?
Web App Development is easy, quick and straightforward. Sometimes, they are simple and lack features which the native apps offer. To overcome this, you can use progressive web apps.
What is Progressive Native Apps?
Progressive Web Apps are a mixture of native mobile apps and regular web apps. Today, browsers are becoming more advanced and so are the web apps. Thus, Progressive Web Apps can help you leverage the features native apps provide. Web apps lack some features like
- working offline,
- sending push notifications,
- touch gestures, etc.
One of the major drawbacks of Progressive Native is they can only run on one browser, i.e. Google Chrome. iOS users cannot leverage this app experience on Safari Browser.
Here is a quick comparison between the two:
User Interface: Both Native and Web apps have almost similar user interface. There might be minor differences depending on the mobile device. For instance, a native app development should be using a material design. But for the web app, the design may vary.
Accessibility: Native apps are compatible with the hardware of the devices. They are even compatible with the native features of the device. While Web apps can lack such native features.
Native Apps work as a standalone entity. The users have to manually download and install the updates. While the Web apps perform well without such manual work.
Cost & Efficiency: Native app Development is expensive. But they perform better and are more efficient. They are quality assured as they are available only on the app stores.
Web app Development is inexpensive in comparison to Native apps. However, their maintenance cost is higher. Moreover, there is no quality assurance for these apps.
App Monetization: App monetization varies a lot for native, hybrid, and web apps. App monetization is somewhat difficult to implement and usually depends on mobile device manufacturers, integration processes, and platform restrictions. The app stores are connected with the cost and commission part of the apps too.
In contrary to this, the app monetization with web apps comes with an array of options. Some of the best ways are membership fees, advertisements and more. Also, the developer needs to set up a payment system for monetization purpose.
Why should one opt for a Native Mobile App Builders?
Mobile app builders are new to the mobile app development space. With mobile app builders, business owners can create their business app without the need to learn code. These app builders are actually no-code app development tools that aid business leaders to launch apps in a jiffy and with minimal investment. Mobile app builders also rely on a diverse set of app templates that help these businesses to design their apps as they want it. They also have a useful drag-and-drop interface along with handy preset app building tools that help businesses to launch their apps without any delay.
- Native mobile app builders can help businesses to save on money on building native apps.
- These mobile app builders launch apps swiftly without much hassle.
- App builders also deliver a handy drag-and-drop functionality with no need to code functionalities.
- They also include design templates that are aligned with various domains and industries.
Which apps to go for? Or which is the best as per business strategies?
This depends on your business plans and end goals. If your goal is to establish a strong presence in the digital world, we suggest you go for a mobile web app. If your goal is to develop an app with great functionalities and user experience, go for a native mobile app. However, in some cases, customer experience, technical aspects, and costs also matter.
Thus, business requirements and end-user experience play a major part in this decision.