Website or Mobile Apps – What should an eCommerce business owner build first?October 21, 2019
Whatever industry you are operating in, you must have experienced the impact of digital mediums like a website or mobile app. Whether you are planning to expand your presence or looking to increase your customer base, you need to launch your business online. There are several strategies to augment your growth; you should think of building a website or mobile app.
Advantages of a Building an eCommerce Website
Building and launching a website can give you greater exposure as a website is not limited to a particular operating system. You can practically reach all the internet users on the planet. Here are some of the benefits of launching your own website:
- Available for All Internet Users: When you launch an ecommerce website, you can reach out to all internet users and get discovered by an online audience. You don’t need to worry about what device or OS a person is working on, as websites can be accessed via any device.
- No Major Updates Required: Once you develop a website, you don’t need to invest regularly towards upgrading its features. Unless you want to rebuild your website, you can make minor changes like updating your blog from a CMS platform without additional investment.
- Lower development and maintenance costs: Compared to mobile apps, websites are easy to maintain and are cheaper when it comes to development. So, if you have a limited budget, you should probably start with a website.
- Good for sophisticated business models: If you have a complex business model that requires users to complete complex tasks, then you should probably think of building a website. As the website is easy to build and is more accessible, you’ll probably benefit from it more than a mobile app.
Advantages of Developing a Business Mobile App
While a website will serve the purpose of many businesses, for a more focused growth strategy, you might need to target users on mobile. As you know, most people use the internet on their mobile devices. Also, the number of mobile users is growing at a rapid pace. So, investing in the development of a mobile app is a better option. Here are the benefits of developing a mobile app for your business:
- Mobile Apps are Faster: Your target customers can reach out to your business, browse products or services in a jiffy. As mobile apps stay in the mobiles of users, they can quickly browse everything and make a purchase decision faster.
- Push notifications or instant updates: You can engage users and keep them informed about new products or offers with instant alerts using push notifications.
- Can work offline: Mobile apps are designed to work without the internet. So, your prospects can know about your business even without an internet connection once the mobile app is downloaded.
- Branding& Reputation Benefits: Online shoppers believe in branding and with a branded mobile app, you will be sure to reap benefits of increased reputation, reach, and visibility.
Build eCommerce Website and Mobile Apps this Diwali with Quick eSelling and Get Flat 50% Off on actual price, Sign up here: Online Store Development Diwali Offer
Factors to Help You Make an Informed Decision
Now you know the benefits of developing a website and mobile app, you can now make a better decision. But if you are still confused about which route to go with, here are some factors that might help:
1. Budget: If you have a fixed budget, you should think of building a website as it is a cheaper option. Only move ahead with mobile app development when you have a flexible budget to support the mobile app development activity.
2. Your Business Niche: Mobile apps work better with businesses in some industries while website work in others. If you are operating in a restaurant, grocery, or travel industry, having a mobile app is a must. It is important to make a decision that aligns with your niche and the demands of your customers.
Still Confused? Launch a Mobile App & Website with Quick eSelling
Still not sure about which path to take? Well, you can launch both a website and a mobile app with a fixed budget with Quick eSelling. Quick eSelling is a readymade eCommerce platform that enables you to launch intuitive web stores and mobile apps for FREE with all essential features. Harness the true potential of online opportunity by adopting an omnichannel strategy using Quick eSelling now.
Launch your online ecommerce store with Quick eSelling’s Free eCommerce Website and App plan, Sign up here: https://www.quickeselling.com/